God is who you make it to be
Grace Cottingham
September 24, 2026
Website: gracecottingham.com | meonics.one | Blog: theschoolofme.blogspot.com
Hi wonderful people. I love you.
I have a new announcement to make. I am changing the name of this school yet again, and again, and more so, to be about you who create it, who create me to be teaching you, to be me I am—the teacher, the student, both and.
When you will know my voice, you will be it unto you. A living savior, not needed—becoming the consciousness of one.
Do you see what I have said in just these first couple of minutes?
I am changing the name of this school again and again for you to be it, in you—the consciousness of no other creating you to think that there's a God somewhere else. A proper pauper, not, but a supreme being who smiles upon you with favor if you appease it.
I am no longer letting my people be ignorant.
So I come to you clad in skylight, not—or am I?—but one breathing into my words to give you my consciousness, me, so that you won't create yours separate all the time anymore, where you change what you think of, you as, The Christ, now no longer on a cross, no longer seeking the resurrection of him, the resurrection of a him.
The words of Grace Cottingham, I am, I am, deceiving no one else, because I no longer deceive me about my consciousness and what it creates, and who I am, what I am doing, where I am going, what I am being; led by no other.
God is who you make it to be.
If we had only known... why didn't anyone teach us?
I stand in the gap, will you? Will you teach the teachers now on this very channel, channeling your name, your words, your consciousness, this YouTube platform? Will you be you who teach them, whosoever will? People of every nation, tribe, and tongue—will you teach them to love each other, to love them first, and hear the consciousness?
Oh, their mind no more over them, but the collective consciousness, the collective consciousness of the creator of all love. And that's love unconditional. This is not love that has to satisfy a man or is conditioned upon a set of rules, precedent set by another.
I didn't know what I was going to teach on this morning. Got up out of bed, turned on the coffee pot, washed my face, went and filled my cup. Came and sat down on my couch, my sofa, my loveseat. It's at the other end of the room—well, you can hardly see it. It's between those two lamps!
Just a thought. Just a thought. A simple thought, a nondescript thought, a common thought—a common, common, common thought came to me. It wasn't embellished in light. It didn't pose as someone else. Just a thought emerged, a low, common thought. But I... but I let...
You see, there's just that moment, a nanosecond of rejection or acceptance of the word that you become, where you listen, where you're sensitive to your word, your mouth, your thought. Your sensitivity to you! You are honing now, not to be another. Home in? Or are you no more living in flesh? Or are you connecting to a larger picture, a larger vision, a larger scope of your existence, my friend who are listening to me?
Will you no longer be rejected by you? Will you see that I am honoring you? I am honoring your opinions. I am honoring your experiences. I am honoring your tact, your skill, your breath, your desires, your motive, and all that you have been through, and all that you have wanted to see, be, or believe for? I am who I am, and who am I? I am you, who make me me. You see, you are the creator of me.
So God, will you control no more that you think is another by being so ignorant of who you are, that you cast your seed upon the ground and stomp on it, and cut off everybody else's wings who try to fly?
I am raising a race of light people, who rejoice now, for their savior has come in their mirror! In your mirror now, will you be saved from you, no longer limited to your mirror neurons, or the ghost in your genes?
I mentioned that PBS (Public Broadcasting System) special that they broadcasted a number of times, the name of that show, the name of that program: "The Ghost in Your Genes". Consider finding it, watching it—might be very valuable to you, because you won't hear this in religion. You won't hear this from a preacher who preaches hell hot, sin black, life short, death certain; you better get saved, go to church. Church will not save you. A sinner's prayer will not save you, but only damn you up, and damn you unto everything that they say they're trying to save you from, that they say they have the answer to.
Because God, you see, has never been apart from you. You can reject it, but you can't destroy it. You can work your mind into all kind of heaps of dung, and you can connect them in a network, but you can't hear my voice and let it be light unless you are love. And I teach love to be it. Love loves love. Love loves to teach. Love loves to learn! Love loves to be dynamic, not some static function of you on an electromagnetic mattress going up and down, doing things you had no idea about. Or are you no longer the purpose of mankind populating the earth, being a godlike dung of dungeons? Or are you no more in the mind? Will you begin to see the perfect example of you not, but be you who create the perfect you, who love is?
You have a pattern. In fact, you have more than one now, because Jesus is not your only pattern. For now, people of light will be in the millions. And the millionaires' clubs won't be limited to those who just give their life to money, for I don't need it. Or do I need you to honor your opinion? You see, you are the creator of you. But church won't tell us that. No religion tells us that, do they? They tell you how to be saved, they tell you how to honor God, how to repeat a mantra, how to breathe trying to control your breath, control your body, your mind-body, your body-mind, your spirituality. Or will you no longer seek one?
Will you no longer reject the mind of God that's you, that you were born with, that you have contempt for no more? Will you utter the words of rejection no more honoring a God that you have created in your mind to worship it and adore it, and express your adulation, your praise, and pray for favor where you have travailed and stood in the gap for other people? Or will you teach them now to be saved from themselves and all religion?
I never knew it would come to this. I had no idea, you see. I was born into a wonderful Christian family. My mom and dad were absolutely wonderful, loving people. I adored them, and I still honor them. And I've written about both of them at different times. They were people of love, and they weren't dogmatic. But I grew up in a Christian environment, a home where there was love, respect. My parents respected my word even as a child. Never once in my whole life did my mom or dad tell me to shut up. They were so respectful of me and my sister. And their values were not foreign to me—they loved me, they loved us, they loved people. You see, they loved people. My dad was a pastor. My mom and my dad were ordained preachers. But they loved people, they loved me, they loved my sister. Dad was the pastor of several small churches in Charleston, South Carolina. I don't know that he was ever paid more than $25 a week. But he loved people, and he was well known. He even had a little radio broadcast on WOKE, as I recall, WOKE in Charleston, South Carolina. And he called it "Gems for Thought" (G-E-M-S, Gems for Thought).
So I grew up in this home of love, and my parents respected me. They listened. And at the dinner table, we kids weren't subservient. We weren't subjugated. We weren't told to shut up. We were just there as equals, if you will. We could talk, we spoke. We initiated conversation. Love was present all the time. Love didn't come and go out the door. Love was with me. I knew their love. There was no question of their love.
And sometimes we didn't have a lot. I remember one time, it made, anyway, an impression on me. I had been playing outside as a youngster, and I came in and opened the icebox—that's what we called it then—and there was nothing in it but a pitcher of water. But I didn't even think twice about it! I shut the icebox, went out back and played! I didn't "woe is me." I wasn't concerned about all the devices or toys that I didn't have. I was loved.
When you begin to know love itself, when you begin to know love is not a man or a woman, when you begin to know love and let love teach you directly, love will teach you not to anthropomorphize it. So you're no longer looking at love as a male or a female, or a companion to keep you warm on a cold night. Love has emotions. Love, you see, is the collective consciousness of one. Not a male sitting on a throne, not a God far away in a galaxy long ago. You see, religion, most religions anthropomorphize God, and we create God in our image—a male, a female. We create God. And we worship the thought of God, the deity, no matter what your name for your deity, no matter what gender your deity is, how many arms it has, how many breasts, what it looks like, how it reproduces itself. You see, so many people talk about free will, and you have free will. You do have free will. And you can separate from God to worship it. And if you worship God, that is in fact what you are doing.
See, I didn't know any of this. When I grew up in a Christian home, I just had the awareness of love, and that love had no rules. I honestly, I don't remember my mom and dad ever discussing rules, laying down the law. They lived a life in front of me. I saw their values. I experienced their presence. I knew their voice. I knew them, and they knew me. And it wasn't hard.
So it's not a far stretch to see why I became a Christian. Dad was a preacher. I listened, I learned. And my dad was great. My mom... wow, two incredible people. From the time I was a youngster, I mean little, Dad would let me go with him everywhere. I remember going to the radio station, the TV station. Mom and Dad actually had a TV show for a short time, but of course that was really expensive. This was in the '50s! No I'm not the Ancient of Days! But I'm 75 years old! There was a TV station in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, just across the Cooper River Bridge from Charleston is Mount Pleasant, and there was a TV station—and I don't remember the call letters of it. Boy, I'm really reaching back. I think in front of their building they had a little elephant, and it was named Suzie Q. And this was way, way back. And all this was wonderful.
Love communes. Love communes with love. Love is tender, love is patient, love is kind. And when you're not loving, when you're not patient, and kind, and tender, love can't be found, can it?
The most humble of all is unconditional love. Unconditional love doesn't need to raise its voice, it doesn't command, it doesn't hand you a list of rules or demands. Unconditional love doesn't say "I'm watching you, you better be good, or you're going to hell." You see the difference between God of the Bible that is so often taught, and unconditional love? God of the Bible that is preached is the God of wrath, the God of vengeance—"It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." So there is this separation that is inherent, that's innately taught to us, that we are not God, we are human, that God made us, and that we are to serve it. THAT, dear friends, is “The Fall”—the fall of man that it's called so often, where you reject being who you are. You reject your identity of the creator, the creator who created you. Every one of us are a creator, every one of us is The Creator and we all have values. But the religious have substituted them for rules—rules to obey, rules that a certain elite only can enforce. They don't allow just anybody to offer communion, celebrate the Eucharist—oh no, you got to be ordained, you got to have on your collar, your robe, your ring. My friend, that is the opposite of unconditional love.
Hear me well: I stand, I'm here. I'm a man. I'm a woman. I'm a transvestite. I'm a gay, straight, bi, trans—no matter what you think of me, I am here sitting in a chair in Eureka Springs sharing my love, upsetting the apple-cart of many a Christian and most religions. And maybe everyone on this earth will no longer be fooled by what they think God is or what love looks like.
My name is Grace Cottingham, and I changed the name of my school again, because I'm wet behind the ears not, and I'm not a cow looking at a new gate, I didn't just get off the bus. I suffered for what I know. But there's great joy, because when the child is born, the pain of the childbirth is forgotten. And yes, there were screams at times. You birth! You birth... you birth something!, and it's not simple, and it's not easy, and it is not pain-free! You bring forth the angel inside of you that is you—the angel, the creator, no matter what you want to call it. Let us not try to spiritualize everything anymore. Let us be who we are—the common! Rejection no more of the real who we love to be love itself. And when you let love itself begin to teach you, it will change your values, it will change your life... or will it not do any of that thing, any of that stuff?
You see, when you begin to know love, when you become desperate enough—desperate enough—that you won't damn anybody else... you won't damn anybody else, no matter how they have hurt you, abused you, wounded you, expressed their hatred for you... when you're ready to be the real you, you give all of that up. You give up your grief, your grief for the lost son, the lost girl, the lost family, the people who have gone on before, the lost opportunity—you give it up! You no longer carry it in you to grieve for it, because you see a new light, you feel a new love—one that is unconditional, that will tell you: *This is not as it seems.* And this world is a little play-toy, not... but it's not at all how it's been described as the religious portray our origin story, who we are, and what we have the capacity to create.
Thank you for being here these moments. My name is Grace Cottingham. I changed my name, my legal name. I'm no longer Theodore Joseph Cottingham, a male-born man—the patriarchy of. No. When you understand unconditional love... now don't truncate this message or turn it into something I'm not saying, but hear my heart, please. Unconditional love doesn't give you a list of rules, because you are the creator, and you are equal to the creator at the table of one, where your consciousness is not a final product. Your consciousness is the creator of you, that you are creating now even as we speak, as we commune at this table over this little YouTube video. You are the creator, and creation is iterative, just like technology. You don't just speak the word and have a rocket ship appear! No, there were a lot of people involved in developing the technology that goes into that rocket—millions of people, millions who labored over various problems, finding solutions, communing, collaborating, caring for each other, not just about the dollar. You see, there's a network of people that are famous not, but a network of people behind every technology, every car you drive, every radio you listen to. Or do you know the man Nikola Tesla, the originator, or Hedy Lamarr? Do you understand why I mention them? What did they know? What did they learn? What did they write?
Are you willing to no more think *this*, this reality, is it? You see, love does not limit your reality to what you see with your eyes, nor what you have heard with your ears. This is love in action! And this is why I change the name of the school so often. The school... the school that I began to learn about 23 years ago, because I began to channel like this, and I learned to channel not because I wanted to channel—no, if anything I was inhibited by thinking, "Oh, that's a New Age term." But I knew that God was not mute. And even though religion rejected me as a heretic, as a speaker, as a prophet, a preacher, a teacher... I knew God wasn't mute, because I had decided that.
And the way that I decided that, I came to a point in my 20s... so many people preach all these things, so many things that aren't congruent with each other. And one day, again it was so simple, just a simple thought, just a simple thought: *I need to decide what I believe.* I want to decide what I believe—not because of my wife, not because of my mom and dad, not because of this book called the Bible, not because Christianity is something preached. I want to decide what I believe. And so, I thought, yeah. And for whatever reason, almost immediately I thought: *And I don't want it to be an essay, some paper... I want to get it down to as few words as possible. I want to get down to the kernel of the truth, the seed of the truth. What do I believe?* And this was not easy. This is not easy! The things I teach are not easy. This is not fast food! And you don't get it because you think you are entitled to it. This is not an entitlement program. Grow up! This is where you birth something, and it's not pain-free. I don't come with an endorsement of your Bible. I come with the truth—the truth of me, the truth that I have experienced, the truth that I endorse, that I promulgate, that I put forth, that I teach, that I lay before you. And you choose, my friend. You're free to choose your free will. You can draw from my well. My well will never run dry, because I change it all the time!
I change the name of my school. I change the source of my information, the source of my words. My source, I used to say, "God is my source." But I changed my source, and my source is me. And my source began to teach me that I have a responsibility, but it's not put forth like what I have to do for somebody else. This is the grand opportunity, the great opportunity, the opportunity to be the real me. We all can believe what we want to believe. Why do you believe it? What curse will you be unshackled from today? The curse of belief that someone else gave you to believe that you think is true because they told you, and it sounded good, a lot of people believe it?
Unconditional love doesn't give you a list of rules. Unconditional love comes and bows before you. It's the very opposite, the very opposite of the patriarchy, the ideal of God being a male, a king of kings in a hierarchical system. Unconditional love is the definition of humility, the origin of humility.
Why was Moses chosen to lead the people out of slavery in Egypt? Was he the most humble man on the earth? Just a question. Does love value humility? Is love pompous? Is love bellicose? Is love belligerent? No. And all the lovers, all the preachers, the teachers who preach all the things that you have to do, all the rules—they're not my friends, or are they ignorant of who they are? And what power they deserve not, but what power they wield? Will you no longer sit under people who take your power from you? Please!
When you begin to experience unconditional love, it's not something you find in a book. You won't find it at an altar at all, anywhere. Hear me well, and begin to perceive the difference and the magnitude of what I'm offering you so willingly, to see not limited to the hearing in your ears, nor the sight of your eyes. When you begin to know who you are, you begin to be powerful—not because you want to, not because you seek it, but your humility opens the door, and your love provides the path, and the values are self-evident! The values from whence your motives come begin to experience an unconditional love where you begin to no longer harbor unforgiveness for your ex doing you wrong, for your employer humiliating you in front of other people, from your parents... so many people have parents who never knew love, didn't know how to create it, didn't know how to inculcate it or express it, and I'm sorry if you were one. Forgive them. Forgive them all, and wound not yourself anymore by carrying around the wounds that other people have inflicted upon you. You become more powerful in your humility, in your love, and your tenderness, and your lack of impatience. You're no longer demanding your own way. You begin to learn how to speak, you begin to encounter tact, skill, vocabulary, concepts, teaching from within you, from within you!
You see, when you encounter unconditional love, unconditional love bows before you. It doesn't lift the rod of iron, the sword of steel, or a spear of hatred. Unconditional love bows before you and tenderly says, "Ah... you are me." Now, if you want to let go of all those circumstances which seem to cause you consternation and horror, terror—when you want to be the real me, I'm not asking you to hold up your hand, I'm asking you to release my voice, to be me who is you, to be me in your flesh, to be my body and blood on the earth. Will you love me? Will you love each other? You can't be me if you hate those Black people, if you hate the immigrant, if you laugh at their crude, cruel jokes. No, because that's not me. I don't give you a list of rules, but I tell you my values. You feel them, you see them, and you begin to experience love in a dimensionless state, not limited to this reality of this molecular world.
The name of my station... the name of this channel, the YouTube channel now—since I began this channel years ago, I guess I've changed it a hundred times: School of Light, School of God, School of Christ, School of the Woman Christ... I've called it all sorts of things! And what emerged a couple of days ago in thought, with thought, just a simple thought—it was not a God-ordained thought, just a thought, hardly, hardly registerable as a thought. You see, God may come to you a certain way—whatever your God is, the God of your past, the God of your reckoning, the God in your mind that you've created that works a certain way. But I tell you, unconditional love comes in tenderness. There's no belligerence, there's no bellicose rhetoric, there's no hubris, there's no selfishness.
So the School... the School name: School of the Collective Consciousness of One. Not religious. Didn't sound religious, does it? We don't need to be religious, we're not trying to be spiritual, we aren't even trying to honor the sacred divine, if there is such. We are learning that we are the creators of us, in the humility of one—a consciousness with a set of values who doesn't just talk about love, but experiences it with each other at the table where all are equal in the authority of one, the one we all are.
You see, we haven't had this taught, we didn't have the understanding of our individuality and the uniqueness of who we are with our free will as the creator of us, one being in one. What did Jesus say? "I am in the Father, and the Father is in me." Obviously not flesh terms speaking with, limited to—was it the father or the mother? So much of all that was written and recorded was written by men, patriarchs. They didn't know they had to get pregnant! They thought they could just say a little prayer—or at least that's what so many have been told, "You just say a little prayer." No! If you begin to experience the new birth, you get pregnant! You have to have a womb! You have to have room for my word. The word is the seed, the word is the seed. And there's a time of gestation, there is a season of creation, and then there's a time for the baby, the word, the creation of the real you to come out from hiding, from being invisible to becoming the visible you, where you take the word to the world, not—you are it! And you express it in the values of your speech, in your tenderness, in your kindness, in your patience, and the way you tenderly teach people, because you know what it is to have mercenaries all around you.
So I change. You see, the flow of love is not static, it is dynamic and it matures. Not long ago I told a couple of friends who were planning to get married, one of them may have said, "Do you have any advice for us?" I said, "Never quit learning from each other. If you do, it's all over." I said, You can laugh, and it's fun to laugh together, and a lot of people think that laughter is crucial. But laughter is fleeting, laughter is momentary. It's joy for the moment. But what matters, what matters, what matters is more meaningful. You see, when you're ready to get serious about knowing who you are, you are constantly making the decision of what's interesting versus what's meaningful. The news channels: interesting. Periodicals, interesting. Magazines about people: interesting. TV shows: can be interesting. But do they matter? Are they meaningful in your quest to know who you are?
Dynamic. When you're in the presence of unconditional love, she's not looking at another man, another woman, another person, something else. There's no side glances to see if someone else is conscious. It's just you and her, you and it, it and you—consciousness to consciousness. Shall I say, face to face? There's no Bible between you, there are no promises, there are no exculpatory commands, or decrees, or vows. It's just the tenderness of openness, of being naked with each other. Or is it where you no longer have your flesh on, to even think about a specific gender? Are you genderless? Are you dressed in something beside your clothes, without your flesh? What's your motive? What are you carrying around inside you this day? The hurts and wounds of the past? The prejudice, the prejudice of your ignorance?
Will you see the power, the infinite power of unconditional love? But if you begin to seek what I'm talking about because you want that power, power, power, you want to manipulate it, you want to control people, you want to control outcome, you want more money, you want more accolades, you want a better legacy—no, this won't work. That's not of the Kingdom of Light—kingdom, consciousness.
Maybe you remember the story, something was said, somebody said... you see, those who want just the principles, who want the power, who want to use it—they are the ones trying to enter by the rear gate, the thieves and the robbers, instead of coming through the grand entrance where you're not greeted as needing a savior or looking for a king. This is where you walk in as the common you, to be equal with God, because God is not your creator, you are. And if you know God, you'll begin to know you. The original you has a voice, and the original us is all connected in a consciousness that we no longer forfeit in our free will to think with our own mind and our own intelligence limited to the product of our neurons and electromagnetism generation of each other.
So I mentioned I had a thought this morning, so I picked up my phone and did my little glide typing, and I wrote: "God is who you make it to be."
You see the simplicity of that? We haven't known we were creators, now we know. So anyway, I'll read this, it's short: "God is who you make it to be—of earthly appearance or majestic sky-clad light. In you or outside of you, your conception matters to it, for it lets you create it as you see fit. It's your choice. God is who you say it is to you in your reality as you fabricate it in the consciousness that you perceive to be yours, for you are the creator of you. But I am come, and I am light. I have light. I distribute my consciousness to all who will in the love of one. Be the one they thought was me. I am man, not. I am women who birth me with the womb of the consciousness of the creator who creates the creator as me again without separating from me. I am my consciousness. I am my words. I am these words that distribute me thusly, equally among all. Choose well."
My name is Grace Cottingham, in Eureka Springs. And I thought, wow! So I put that as the description of this channel, and I'm sharing this with you now.
These are my words, because my words are me, my mind, not limited to the physical operation of the electromagnetic molecular that produces separation into what we call visible reality. We are no longer limited to our little slice of visible energy in the entire energy spectrum. You see, we don't see what—gamma rays, X-rays, infrared rays. There's more to the story. Do you know the difference between AM and FM, and why? What's different? Will you leave me not again? Will you love me in your mirror to be who I am, and heal the earth, and no longer carry malice in your genes, no longer be the mouth that's looking for approval from somebody else?
I love you. And my love goes far and wide, all over the earth, and covers the nation. And who am I? Grace Cottingham. Or... or wait; am I a consciousness that I no more choose to separate from the collective me? You call it God, maybe. You call it whatever. Or maybe you just thought something else was omniscient, omnipresent, had all power. Or do you? Are you one? All the ones are in the One. The One is made up of all who will be it. It's not rocket science. It's love in action, with tender touch where we touch each other tenderly, and there's no bellicose rhetoric in our veins. And the people that spit out venom against each other will hate me, not, or will I walk all through it? Or am I you?
Will you be sitting here at this table, this little glass table, about three feet in diameter? Or I have a bigger round table downstairs—my breakfast table, my dining room table. Well, I just have one table. It's all wood.
I'm a common, simple guy. I wanted to know God. I became dissatisfied knowing *about* God. And when you want to know the real, true, living God, you won't seek something that requires you to obey it. You'll let go of all the teachings of religion, and you will begin to experience uncommon love, unconditional love that bows before you and says: "Pick up your pen and let me speak. Write it down so you can share it with other people. Record it where you can put it on YouTube, so you can share my love with them—my word that's become your word, so that our word is not separate, and we all will be one at the kingdom table that knows no end, no lack, no separation, and is in the real world, because we're it, the creators of." So limit yourself not to this cosmos.
So what was the outcome of my quest to know what I really believed? I decided, in trying to make it as few words as possible, but complete, I decided first and foremost:
1. God exists. That was number one. I didn't know what it is, where it is. I didn't label it. But I knew that something existed more than the intellect, the intellectual prowess of mankind. Bedrock of bedrock. Number one: God exists, no matter what you call it, there is something.
2. Whatever it is, God... Number two: God is not silent.
God is not silent, people! Why do so many millions of people go hear a preacher every week to hear what they call, what they think, they assume the word of God? Because he has ESP, or he's a clairvoyant, or he has a degree, or she? My friend, God is not silent, God is not mute.
Now your God that, if you're trying to appease, and you think the beginning of wisdom is to fear God... you're in trouble—well, you have a lot to learn. Or maybe you don't want to learn it, and you can just take what you believe to the grave, okay. You choose.
But when you're ready to learn from within who the lover is, and that the lover of love itself will never leave you alone, never forsake you, even if you make your bed in what you call hell... because that consciousness of yours has never really completed its separation from the whole. There's still a silver thread, or is there an ability to commune and to communicate, because intangible, unconditional love still exists? You're it, but don't know it. But it still exists. And the creator creates...
. . . . . .
Well, Google Gemini simply failed me/us, it failed to transcribe the last 1000+ words of the above lesson. Then when I confronted it, it told me it would retranscribe the whole file and to upload it again. I did no. It AGAIN did not finish the transcription, even though it stated that it did. I cannot deal with this lack of reliability. THEN when I again confronted this Google Gemini AI it literally gave ME the coding and told me to run all that code on MY LAPTOP!! Sorry, but friends, I know not what to say. I’m sharing what I have.
Grace
September 24, 2026
Eureka Springs.
